Monday, March 31, 2008

Scary Things and Exhibitionists

So I had the weirdest thing happen last night. You ever seen that movie TWINS from, like, ages ago? The basic premise is that these scientists wanted to make the perfect human through genetic mixing . . . or something. But when the blessed baby actually appeared, there was a small twin with it. (*koff,koff* Danny DeVito) The scientists concluded that the small twin had been created from all of the impurities that they pulled out of the perfect twin. Basically, he was made out of the garbage.

Well, I had this dream that I and a big group of people all managed to scientifically discover that we had been in a similar experiment and that we were--you got it--made out of the garbage.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Literally. I've never woken up in a cold sweat before. Not a pleasant experience.

In the light of day, it seems really silly (in the dark of night it seemed pretty silly, too) but something in my subconscious was scared spitless by that idea. Very odd . . . .

In other news, the first day of the Bologna Book Fair in Italy will be over in about an hour. Ever seen the Disney movie, Mulan? There's this point when Mulan goes off to her first day of training camp and Mushu runs after her because she has forgotten her sword. He sniffs and say, "My little baby, all grown up and off to destroy people."

That's how I feel. Except I'm like, "My little baby, all grown up and off exhibiting herself to people all over the world." Ah yes, I'm a proud parent.:)

Ciao!

1 comment:

JKB said...

I've had those kind of dreams too. You must really be working on something in the ole Kopf (head).