Saturday, March 01, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

It's been a warm fuzzies week for me. One of those weeks when I am reminded again that I have the best job in the whole world.

First, as you know, I turned in my revisions this week. Well a couple of days later I got an e-mail from Jodi. Jodi had passed my manuscript on to Writers Houses's Foreign Rights department and forwarded me their response. Let's just say they have apparently been waiting with bated breath for this revision to be done and and the head of FR was very, very excited. Her e-mail made me smile all day.

Second, if you don't read the comments( on Blogger if you're reading on LJ), you missed this little gem. Someone name Bracken (sorry, I don't have anymore information than that) left me this comment. (And I'm going to post it out here for one and all to see because . . . well, it's my blog and I'll brag if I want to.;))

"Okay, this is totally off topic, but I wanted to thank you so much for your little mini-workshops on queries. I'm pretty much convinced that your lessons are what snagged me an agent. So THANK YOU for sharing your genius!!"

Hooray!! I am so exceptionally excited. The fact of the matter is, sometimes your query is not getting any attention because the book behind it is broken. But sometimes, the book is wonderful and it's the query that's broken. In such cases, I think it's only fair that with a little tweaking, the book gets it's time in the sun. The best query in the world will not sell a broken book, so really the kudos here go to Bracken, but it's like the old Shake and Bake commercials; "It's Shake and Query, and I helped." This news absolutely made my day. So congrats Bracken and good luck! May you never have to write another query again . . . unless, yanno, you want to.;)

And last, but certainly not least, Saundra Mitchell sent me a tiger on Facebook. Rahr!

Note: Stay tuned next week, I am expecting some very exciting news.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm sorry I should have introduced myself before I started acting like such a fangirl! I just recently started posting over at the blue boards so I'm still new around these parts. But I got an offer from Lindsay Davis in Writers House west coast office. She's just recently started taking on her own clients, so I'm really excited to be working with her.

Anyway, thanks so much again!

Aprilynne Pike said...

Hey! We're agency siblings!!

Tyhitia Green said...

Congratulations, Bracken, on snagging your agent. And congratulations, Aprilynne for giving wonderful advice! :*)