Friday, March 28, 2008

Summer Plans!

Summer plans have been up in the air for . . . well, ever.:) But we have figured out what is going to be happening! This week Kenny accepted a summer externship clerking for one of the justices of the Utah Supreme Court! I am really excited about that. It is a fairly short externship which means that I will spend much of the summer doing a heck of a lot of writing while Kenny plays Mr. Mom. (Which our kids will love and adore!) It also means that we won't be moving . . . which means that I can plant flowers! Yay!

I didn't realize until I received several comments about it just how cryptic my language sounded the other day when I talked about some new decisions in our lives. So lest you all be worried, it's actually way good. Kenny has decided that rather than go into practice right after he graduates from law school, he will instead be entering a Ph.D. program to work on his Doctorate in Philosophy. He flirted with this idea a couple of months ago, but for various reasons, decided against it. But he revisited the idea two weeks ago and we've decided to jump in with both feet! The new role this gives me is that I will, for the first time in our marriage, be the main breadwinner. Which is cool, it just made me stress a little the other night. I am actually a professional author and now, instead of it being a second income, it will be our primary income. Makes this whole cool thing seem just a bit more serious. Very awesome though. I am really excited for Kenny to work on his Ph.D. in a field that he really loves and in a kind of school that is a bit less of a time suck than law school.:)

Plus I'm way excited to have most of the summer to write!:)

I am also totally bursting with the most exciting news ever, but it's not something I can share yet. So keep and eye out and in . . .mmm, probably about a week or two I can spill.:)

Ciao!!

6 comments:

JKB said...

Oh, that is so great! I too am the primary while my hubs does his computer science PHD, and write on the side right now. But it is so cool to be able to contribute to his dream in such a rock solid way.

You must be on the moon!

I will be waiting with bated breath for your *other* news. :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Dad sent me an e-mail... so, yay.

Also, I hear you might end up in our area? How likely is that? It would be fun! :)

Aprilynne Pike said...

Actually, jkb, I have a feeling you will particularly appreciate my news.;)

And thanks Liz!

Kari Pike said...

I am very happy for both you and Kenny! I spoke to him yesterday for a bit and he sounds very pleased with the way things are happening. I admire your abilities and the way you have made things happen. Good for you!

JKB said...

Oh oh oh that is the worst sort of teaser ever. LOL

HM Should you drop me a mail withit?? I'm dying, here. :))

Genny said...

Wow! Good for you guys! That sounds exciting!