Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yes, Harper Collins! I WILL Marry You!!!

So I came home from the gym today (all sweaty and gross, of course, thus, you will not be seeing ME in any of the pictures that are going to follow) and there was this blue box on the counter. It was a very distinctive blue. I was like, "Hey, *I* know that blue color!" So I rush over (and, I admit, there may have been some squealing) to oggle at this:



Okay, I admit, I have never gotten anything from Tiffany's. (Fine, that's not that big of an admission, but still.) On top of that, I had never seen a box from Tiffany's that big! I was a wee bit excited.:D

I did pause for a moment and read the accompanying letter, which had the Harper Collins emblem on it. It was a nice letter from Brian Murray. So I get done reading it and I turn to my husband and say, "Um, I have no idea who Brian Murray is . . ."

He points to the top of the letterhead.

I then hyperventilate and say, ever so calmly, "Oh, the CEO of Harper Collins. I knew that."

And THEN I opened the box.

Dude, seriously, check it! (Diary of a Wimpy Kid is there for size perspective. It was the nearest book.)



It's a big crystal with my name on it!!!! So yes!! Harper Collins has proposed!!!:D

Seriously. It's just amazing to me. I have this company that basically decided to make all my dreams come true. In fact, they decided to go overboard and make dreams I didn't know I had come true!!

And then, they send me stuff from Tiffany's to thank ME for letting them make all my dreams come true?

Boggles my mind.

But, regardless, I am deliriously happy with them, they are apparently happy with me, and we are going to live happily ever after.

So yes! Harper Collins! The answer is yes!! (I'm not even sure what the question is and the answer is STILL yes!;))

Ciao!

27 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so awesome! :)

J.R. Johansson said...

Wow! That is so cool! I want to marry a cool publisher too...... :P

Nichole Giles said...

Oh my gosh, that's is possibly the most awesome thing I could even imagine never wanting.

It's amazing and hilarious at the same time. I don't blame you for saying yes--though, I hope your husband's okay with that.

Presents from Tiffany's = big, huge, brownie points in my world. (And I mean the biggest.)

Now all you need is an enormous display case so you can showcase it in the living room. Don't you think?

Have fun, whatever you do.

Nichole

Unknown said...

How exciting! Are you going to frame the box too? :D
What a great gift right after your birthday! What exactaly does it say?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I guess that's one gift you won't be re-gifting.

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

that was so cute it made me wanna cry!

Amber Lynae said...

That is one beautiful cyrstal. It is awesome that you get rewarded by the people who made your dreams come true. (of course you worked hard for it so I guess it is nice to be rewarded.)

Eric said...

Congrats. While I'm not exactly clear why a publisher wants to marry you... :)

Seriously though, this is really great news and I hope you spend a long time celebrating.

Nely said...

That is uber sweet. I got excited for you just reading this :D

Sweet!

Heather said...

Happily ever after does still happen! Yah! And that is completely awesome, wow.

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG
That's the cooolest thing ever.
What woman doesn't gasp at the 1st sign of a Tiffany box.
Awesomeness!
Congrats!

Kimberly Derting said...

I am LMAO at your post! How the heck are you gonna wear that thing? The mounting alone with be ginormous!

Christine said...

Sweet! I wish you both a long, deliriously happy life!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Diamonds are forever.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Harper Collin's will be a great in-law!! :)

Kenny said...

Kara, what exactly are you trying to say?

d^_~b

go with happiness said...

It's so shiny!

Tiffany Ryerson said...

WOW! I wonder how much that cost!?!?

:-)

Tyhitia Green said...

Woohoo!! That's sooo awesome, Aprilynne!!! I like it!! I would keep the box, too. :-)

Sarah MacLean said...

This blog post is awesome. You make me laugh aloud.
CONGRATS! YOU DESERVE IT!

Windowpane Memoirs said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Peace
Michelle

Anonymous said...

hi im kristine!
CONGRATS!
and ive heard about your series and heard that its amazing! and i know that you are having a movie made from wings and i didnt know where else to contact you at so i was wondering for this new and exciting book becoming into a new movie why not have a new actress star in it? i have never been in any type of movie or tv show since i cant afford it ( i live in a small town in pennsylvania and my mom is a widow.. my dad died when i was 2.. and that was 3 days before my birthday and his funeral was on my birthday) and i cant really afford to get out to LA. so this would be my first roll and i think i would be perfect for it. since its my first roll i would put so much effort into it. and miley cyrus is famous for alot of things already and if you got someone new and fresh it could be like the rob pattinson frenzy since he was a new face. but again im 14 but 15 as of september 23rd and i look pretty similar to miley cyrus.. look at my picture.. and i could even audition if you needed or send in a video and or pictures. but please please please consider it and maybe email me? write something back on your blog im really really interested in being laurel and you could really help me and my family out and make my dreams come true!
kristine

Tara McClendon said...

In my mind, that beats a "rock" any day!

Anonymous said...

Your children will be best sellers

Juliann (the Insane) said...

WOW! THAT THING IS HUGE!!!
COngrats!

Tana said...

Wow, that's a big rock! They're not overcompensating are they? lol. I can't believe how blessed you are! Enjoy every moment. I happen to read about your Miley news and just wanted to shout the loudest cyber congratulations possible! I'm a long time (really long time) lurker and I feel so connected to you. When I first saw your book in Target I got the chills I actually did a happy dance and showed my DD! I can't wait for morning to share the Miley news with her!!!! AAgghh!!! =)

April Wilde said...

That's beautiful! It's so great to see dreams come true, isn't it? You're so inspiring. But I don't want to gush. Unless it's okay to gush. You think so?

Ah.. congratulations!