Wednesday, July 08, 2009

If They Said It I can Say It, Right?

Hehe, I found this today. It's a quote from me! Yay! And hey, if it's on the Harper website I can re-post it here, right???:D

*Spoiler Alert* (Little spoilers, but spoilers nonetheless.)


*You've been warned!*


"I'm working on the sequel to Wings, entitled Spells. I'm so excited about this book because for the first time I will be taking readers right into Avalon! Readers will also get to see Tamani in his own environment, and to see David and Laurel together as a couple. In addition, Chelsea fans will be pleased to know that she plays a much bigger role in the sequel.

In addition, I have finished a stand-alone novel about a klepto-ghost that is also a modern retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel.There are not nearly enough Scarlet Pimpernel stories out there, in my opinion. I have two other stand-alones in my head, still percolating.:)"

So . . . it's a tad out of date, I'm actually working on the third book now, but hey, the rest is cool!

I never know just what I can and can't say so . . . I'll take my lead from my publisher.:) (Here's the link to the page if you want it.)

Ciao!

20 comments:

Sonia Ayoub said...

That is so great! I can't wait to see Avalon.

Anonymous said...

Exciting news. I love the Scarlet Pimpernel!!!!

KasandraG said...

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see more Tamani!! :) and david, but I like Tamani too. :) Avalon! I can't wait to see it!!

Matt and Amber said...

I'm really excited! I am super excited for the extra's on the book to post on the website. Get excited! I bet Chelsea falls for a fairy maybe Shar or something. Anyways yeah I want to hear more!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited!! I can't wait to hear more about Avalon and Tamani! Although I really just want Laurel to be with him... don't get me wrong I like David, but there is just something about Tamani's character that I love!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I AM SO EXCITED!
Spells...it sounds great! Tamani in his own environment..YUM! Love it!
Can't wait!

I love the Scarlet Pimpernel, it's one of my fav's! This is exciting!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I haven't read Wings yet, too much to do on my own book, but I will get to it.

But I love sequels and reading your post made me happy. I love when theres more to the story I guess.

Anissa said...

I remember reading the opening for the klepto ghost story on Miss Snark, way back when. Have been lurking around ever since. But I see you're back in the Valley. Welcome back! Just in time to roast along with the rest of us. ;)

Spells sounds like a blast!

Jessie Oliveros said...

I read the hook on Miss Snark to your klepto-ghost book. (That's the one right?) Anyway, I loved it.

Jessie Oliveros said...

Oh, just read Anissa's comment. Guess that's the one.

Yamile said...

"Spells" is a terrific title. And I agree with others, I like David, but Tamani, Tamani is just so awesome! I guess I like more the unreal, really fantastic (in every sense of the word) kind of guy.

Amber Lynae said...

Exciting news. I might have to go over to Miss Snark and read the hook.

Tyhitia Green said...

That's great, Aprilynne. Keep writing! Are the stand alone novels YA or adult? :-) I can't wait to read them all!

Tere Kirkland said...

Awesome! Can't wait!

PS, got Shrinking Violet in the mail yesterday and I'm almost done with it. It rocks! Thanks!

Tara McClendon said...

I love the title Spells. This makes me super excited to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Tyhitia Green said...

Thanks, Aprilynne. I cannot wait to read your book!! :-) And the sequels.

Tales of Whimsy said...

O I can't wait for Spells. I have the grandest crush on Tamani and I'm dying to see more of Avalon.

PS I love the ghost idea!

Anonymous said...

Well, now I know what to look for. Spells... *writes it down on paper* Can't wait to read it!!!! Eek!
Tamani!!! Yay! I <3 him. I dont realy like David. Me and my friend made a deal, I can fangirl Tamani and she can fangirl David and we wont fight over them. ha ha. WE're funny.
Peace,
Lauren.

Katie said...

I love the title Spells! I can't wait to read about Avalon. I'm so excited!!! I'm looking forward to reading your other books as well.

danielle said...

PLEASE LET LAURAL BE WITH TANAMI! He's so much better for her and he's just so awesome! I'd totally date him if he wasn't a character in a book!