Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fun Week!!

It has been quite a fun week.

Except for the most obvious drawback which is that my husband is in Maine.

And worse!! (Okay not really worse, but . . .) He took my iPhone with him!! Those of you who know me IRL know that my iPhone and I are attached at the . . . er . . . hand.:D I take it everywhere I go and use it constantly. (For thing like *koffkoff* obsessively stalking my Amazon page.:D) I also have tons of information in it that I generally take for granted. Like phone numbers and addresses. D'oh!

But the thing that really made me twitch is that both my agent and my editor have both finally been trained to call my cell phone before my home phone. Which means that when my editor called this week to let me know that Wings had managed it 10th (!) week on the NYT list, guess who got the good news first?

That's right--my husband.

Which is okay. He deserves to get the news first once in a while.:)

But WOW! Ten weeks!! I have to admit, getting double digits on the list was one of my goals . . . on of my "well I know this is never going to happen but heck, every writer needs a pie in the sky, completely unattainable goal" kind of goal. And you guys made it happen!!!!

Thank you!!! ALL of you! The people who have been reading this blog for *counts* wow! Almost four years!! And those of you who just got here by Googling my name. Thank you! And no matter what part you played--bought the book at a store, ordered it off Amazon, borrowed it from the library, turned it face out at the store (you know who you are!! *blows kisses*), or just told someone about it. It is very clear to me that every little bit helps, so thank you!!

Honestly, I dont expect to stay on much longer. If nothing else, there are some killer Fall books coming up!!! But I have sure been enjoying it while it lasts!

The other fun thing that happened this week is that Harper did the photo shoot for my sequel's cover yesterday!!! (No, I haven't seen the pic yet.;)) But I tell you, I have one dedicated editor. Yesterday at seven in the morning Tara was standing waist deep in the OCEAN, helping with the shoot. Wow!! I love her. *swoon* So yeah, I am all excited about my next cover now. My cover for Wings is, IMO amazing!!! So I am just thrilled to see what the incredible art department does with this one!!

So please come share my giddiness!!! I want to know what awesome thing happened to YOU this week!!! Have at it!!

Ciao!

18 comments:

Chelsea said...

I got a baby! (Talk about giddy, surreal, incredible, humbling, etc.)

Writer 421 said...

I can't wait to see how the photoshoot went! Wow, Tara IS really into this book, but its hard not to be!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm so excited for you. You deserve it. I love your book and added Harper Teen's "Browse Inside Wings" widget to my book blog.

I can't wait to see how the photo shoot went!

J.R. Johansson said...

How super uber exciting! Congrats!

My exciting news this week is I went to a Writers Retreat and loved every minute of it. Yay! :)

Nely said...

10 weeks is a milestone! Way to go! Exciting I'm sure. Exciting to see when the next cover gets unveiled.

KasandraG said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see the cover! I told my sister's about Wings (they told me about the Twilight Saga so I thought it only fair to share with them the awesome book that I found). i'm sorry but i mailed my copy to them to read and mail back...so they spend the money on it but they wanna read the next one when it comes out so they'll prolly buy Wings to read it again before they read the second!! :) i'm so glad I have some one to talk about it with now!

Tara McClendon said...

Nothing in my world compares to being on the NYT best-selling list for ten weeks or having a new baby like Chelsea, but I'm excited to have more than 20 followers on my blog. If you recall the early days of blogging, I'm sure you can remember the excitement of being able to say, "Wow! People find me sort of interesting."

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Congrats!! 10 weeks that's great!!

I'm excited to see the cover art for the 2nd book! How exciting!

Exciting thing this week?...just working and reading...I'M BORING these days...but I'll take boring!

Heather said...

Congrats on your 10th week, that's fantastic, and well earned I might add ;) As for me, the excitement of my week was shopping and a movie with my husband. While it's not monumental, we don't get to do it much so it was fun!

I'll be crossing my fingers for you that it's soon 11 weeks!

Jessie Oliveros said...

So is the OCEAN supposed to be a hint about the second book? Excited to see the second cover. My good news-I'm having a girl. Yea!

Yamile said...

Congrats on 10 weeks on the NYT list! You deserve it. And...I'm reading the Vampire Chronicles again, only that I bought the books this time instead of borrowing them like I've been doing for the last 17 years. "Lestat" is so terrifying! I guess my adventure this week has been reading through the night enjoying the last days of absolute idleness before I go home on Monday.
Have a great weekend!

Patrick and Hollie Davis said...

Hi. This is Pat's wife. I wanted to let you know that I bought your book this week as a keep me awake during these late night new baby feedings read and I loved it! Congrats on your success and thanks for keeping me awake at the wee hours of the morning so I don't fall asleep on our new baby!

Tyhitia Green said...

Congratulations, Aprilynne. Your journey keeps getting better and better. I'm so happy for you!

My good news this week is that I got my computer fixed and I got my mojo back, so I plan to complete the first book in my dark urban fantasy series. :-)

Madison3LD said...

I can't wait to see the cover of your next book!

Sorry if you get asked this alot, but do you know who are playing the other characters yet?

^.^ Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

hey!!! i know this is sooo random, but can you PLEASSSEEEEE make sure they make the movie, with miley attached. i LOVE the book, and making a moive with miley (im her biggest fan) on it, would sooo be the cherry on top. please and thank you :)

Unknown said...

i'm sure you'll e a lot longer in the NYT list! i'm teling everyone i see everyday, and do everything i can to get them into wings, the story totally deserves it! <3


can't wait to see the cover 4 the next book O:

bethy said...

Aprilynne!!! WOW! What an accomplishment! (This is Bethany Overton from the ward.) I came home and looked up your book info. Congratulations on all of your great news!

Anonymous said...

This week, I signed with an agent! A fantastic agent! And I'm being obnoxious and telling everyone I know! Hehe.

CONGRATS on the 10th week!!! Still got to get my hands on a copy of WINGS, but I'm sure I'll love it!! :D