Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Real Update

Okay all, here's the lowdown on my project.

Lady Diane is a very accurate, very meticulously researched historical romance set in France and Basque in the 1600's. I wrote up a query for it when I couldn't sleep one night and sent it out on a whim to Jenny who wrote back and asked for a piece of it. Since then I have had five requests vs. 2 rejections. (Till this afternoon I was 5-1.) It's an incredible amount of attention, especially considering this one doesn't come with a recommendation from a NYT bestseller. Basically it means that I have a very marketable idea. Whether or not my writing holds up has yet to be seen. But, for what it's worth, here is my list of people who currently have my stuff.

Jenny

Jessica

Emily

Elizabeth

And, of course (drumroll please) Kristin

I will be sending it to Nephele, especially since she is currently reviewing the full manuscript of Chain, and Ethan.
You should check out Nephele's link because they just got an awesome new website. It's pretty.:)

So that's where I am with that. I'm sending Diane out to a small number of agents this go-round and if I don't get any bites I'll go straight to publishers and hope for the best. But this book is already getting about 4 times more attention that Chain ever did . . . so here's hoping.:)

No comments: