The writers are up in arms! Absolute Write (which you'll find on my links bar) has been shut down based on false accusations with bogus authority by Barbara Bauer of the Barbara Bauer Literary Agency. Barbara is a known scam-artist and she is ticked at Absolute Write because she got put on their list of the Top Twenty Worst Literary Agents. She is scum. But she thinks she can salvage her reputation by cutting off Absolute Write. See the complete story here from Teresa Nielsen Hayden. (Hi Teresa!!:)) Well, the writers are taking a stand. So I'm tyaking a stand too.:) Here is the List of the Top Twenty Worst Literary agents as compiled by all the staff at Absolute Write with special thanks to Ann C. Crispin and Victoria Strauss.
* The Abacus Group Literary Agency
* Allred and Allred Literary Agents (refers clients to "book doctor" Victor West of Pacific Literary Services)
* Capital Literary Agency (formerly American Literary Agents of Washington, Inc.)
* Barbara Bauer Literary Agency
* Benedict & Associates (also d/b/a B.A. Literary Agency)
* Sherwood Broome, Inc.
* Desert Rose Literary Agency
* Arthur Fleming Associates
* Finesse Literary Agency (Karen Carr)
* Brock Gannon Literary Agency
* Harris Literary Agency
* The Literary Agency Group, which includes the following:
Children's Literary Agency
Christian Literary Agency
New York Literary Agency
Poets Literary Agency
The Screenplay Agency
Stylus Literary Agency (formerly ST Literary Agency)
Writers Literary & Publishing Services Company (the editing arm of the above-mentioned agencies)
* Martin-McLean Literary Associates
* Mocknick Productions Literary Agency, Inc.
* B.K. Nelson, Inc.
* The Robins Agency (Cris Robins)
* Michele Rooney Literary Agency (also d/b/a Creative Literary Agency and Simply Nonfiction)
* Southeast Literary Agency
* Mark Sullivan Associates
* West Coast Literary Associates (also d/b/a California Literary Services)
Also, please feel free to check out this website by Denice Kincy with other blogs about this issue. I especially liked what Miss Snark had to say (and I stole her formatting for the top 20 list.)