Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Week . . . and a Half . . .

Wow, I totally suck. Actually, I have a good reason . . . several in fact, but still, I feel like I should be giving confession or something. Forgive me blog readers, for I have sinned. It has been eleven days since my last blog.

However, I do have some good reasons. Three days after my last blog, my brother got married! To a really, really wonderful woman. I am so excited; in the last three months I have gained two awesome sibling-in-laws! And gone from being the only married child in my family, to being in the majority. (Married people rule! Hi-yah!)

Then it was my seventh anniversary and my husband was taking me to dinner somewhere that was a surprise.

Well.

Dinner turned out to be a fabulous getaway at a fun little bed and breakfast where we had the most opulent suite ever! Check this out!



It's hard to see but the bedroom is upstairs on a loft made to look like a really gorgeous balcony.



And here is the view from said balcony.



And then picture rose petals strewn all over the stairs and rug and all around the edge of the bath. It was so beautiful!

Then we got home and got smacked in the face with a huge emergency that has taken the better part of the week to deal with. However, this was also the week I had to bake seven pies (from scratch!) and make about ten pounds of hand-dipped chocolates. (Also from scratch!) Luckily, we have come out nearly unscathed, the pies were delicious, and there are sixty little bags full of chocolate truffles, raspberry fondant chocolates, chocolate covered caramels, and chocolate-covered penuche waiting for the people on our list. Whew!

Oh, and Thanksgiving was in there somewhere . . . .

However, because of that, I have spent about ten minutes a day on the internet for the last week.

My apologies.

But what about you? I want to hear how your holidays were! Hopefully a little less busy than mine.

No really, please share!!

Ciao!

9 comments:

ChelMo said...

It was fun visiting with you and yours last week! I hope that everything is okay... And remember: you always have a place to stay in sunny San Diego!

And Kenny's already seen my update from last week, so you can ask him for details, if you really want to know. Which you probably don't. Because it turned out to be a rather disgusting weekend...

Aqui Wolfe said...

Busy busy!

Anonymous said...

the week was listed on the top 5 list. wedding, visits, grandchildren, Moore's, food, it was absolute bliss. i don't know that life get's any better than that. So very sorry for your emergency. hope things are back to normal this week. sounds like the chocolateering went well. yum, can't wait for those truffels. Oh, courtneys mom owns a cake/candy shop. she just rolled her eyes when she heard that you couldn't find lime, or key lime. she's your girl. i told her to bring 3 bottles for christmas.

Jewel Allen said...

Nice digs :-) Congrats to your brother.

We spent half the week in Idaho, where my sister in law cooked marvelous food for us, and I spent most of Friday getting into a Christmas mood already.

Emily said...

The suite looks beautiful! Congrats on the new sister in law (:

Amy said...

I outlined the whole time. The WHOLE time. And not even for a book I want to write, but for law school. You know what this means. Yuck. But then my day was made so much sweeter coming back to school to be the recipient of some of that chocolatey-goodness. You are uh-mazing. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Wow! The suite is so beautiful! What a sweet husband you have! :)

Sorry about the emergency...

Carbonneau said...

I tried to make your penuche recipe last year...I failed miserably (imagine a runny yucky mess)...I need help, maybe you can give me some tips!

A. Morgan said...

Anniversary Inn ROCKS! Been there several times when I lived in Utah. Your husband has good taste!! You have trained him well!

Hi there! I'm in your MIL's ANWA group and she referred me here... I've been reading your blog off and on for a while but this is the first comment that I've made.

Excited to read your book when it comes out in May!

Happy Holidays!!