Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary to WINGS!!!

It was exactly a year ago that my agent and I accepted the offer from HarperTeen to publish WINGS. I am really excited about that. It has been quite a year, let me tell you!

But more importantly, I want to invite you to celebrate with me!!

So, for the next twelve hours, (till midnight, MST) we are having a party!! And there are party favors.:)

If you will send me your name and address at aprilynne pike at gmail dot com (with no spaces, turn the at into @, you all know how it goes) and thus "attend" my party, I will send you something!

*Disclaimer, I am not trying to collect addresses here or anything. Once all the party favors are mailed out, I will delete all the address emails. So please don't worry about that.:)*

Party favors include, but are not limited to, faerie paraphernalia, candy, *koffkoff* cover flats, and whatever else I decide looks fun (although I will not send either cake or ice cream.:D). It will be totally random, luck of the draw, as to who gets what, but if you come (via email), you will get something.

So Yay! Party Time!!!!

Ciao!

12 comments:

Karissa Chen said...

haha. happy anniversary! i may take you up on that offer. :)

wow, a year already? goodness time flies.

Angela said...

How fun! Congrats!

Mim said...

Happy Anniversary! Publishing a book does take a long time!

Anonymous said...

How fun, a party!!!

Frank Baron said...

Happy Anniversary and a belated congrats. I hope you'll be collecting royalties for decades. :)

marcie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! It doesn't seem like it's been a year. Thank you for sharing it all with us:)

Anonymous said...

what a great year. Good luck with the rest of your career.

Ronald L. Smith said...

Congratulations, you've got a cool blog and it's been fun watching your progress!

cindy said...

congrats, aprilynne! what an incredible and inspiring journey!! yay!!

tomdg said...

Aw, late for the party once more. Poor me :(

But congratulations. And well done you :)

Jill Wheeler said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for your book to come out! I started reading your blog a year ago and can't believe it's been that long. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again. Thanks for the party! The cover is absolutely lovely. I had a chance to get an ARC to put it on, but I blew it. Maybe I'll get another chance; what do you think?