Sunday, July 09, 2006

James Barrie

" You're not hopeless. You've just misplaced your hope. Look around for it, you'll find it." J.M. Barrie

I found this quote on one of the writer's forums I frequent. As Dr. Who says, "Brilliant!" It's just become my mantra.:)
I found my hope on Friday, actually. I got into my e-mail and had a request for a partial from Jenny. Believe me when I say she is big time! It's kind of fun because this makes me 2 for 2 on my new query. 100% request rate! Can't do much better than that.:)
I'm still waiting to hear back from Nephele, and am still maintaining hope on that front. I think my fantasy is aimed more at a female audience than a male one, so I am encouraged by the simple fact that she is a woman. Weird, I know.
But my new thought is if I can't find an agent for my fantasy, my romance is getting really good attention right off the bat. If I can get an agent for it, then I kind of inherit an agent for any other books. Which means I can most likely get them to shop the fantasy as well. See, I found my hope.:)

Ciao!

No comments: