Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tour Spotlight! Salt Lake City, UT!!

I don't live in Utah. I know a lot of people think I do. But I don't. But I used to, and all my family still do. So I make it up to Utah a lot. But never before with cupcakes!!!

THE CITY: Salt Lake City, UT

THE STORE: Sugarhouse Barnes and Noble




Isn't it beautiful! I went to the Sugarhouse B&N three years ago when Spells came out and they were so lovely and told me to come back any time. When I was arranging this stop I called in and they still have the same manager and they told us to come on by! So we will!!! It's quite a big store that stocks a lot of titles, so come early and do some browsing.

THE AUTHORS:

Brodi Ashton:



Super-popular author of Everneath and Everbound, Brodi and I met almost two years ago and share a publisher and have never managed to do a signing together. Next Wednesday this will ALL CHANGE!!!:D

Jessica Day George:




Looking all noir in black and white (she is colorful IRL) Jessica is a newly-minted New York Times Bestseller known for both her YA and Middle grade novel including the "Princess of"books, The Dragon Slipper books, and the Tuesdays at the Castle series. Also a book with astronomy and weather. I'm not going to try it.;) Jessica is busier than me.

Natalie Whipple:




Another beautiful red-head (I know, you can't tell Jess is a ginger, but she IS!) Natalie is a brand-new debut and I have been counting down to her release of Transparent since she got her book deal! (Which was almost three years ago!) I am so excited to finally be able to sign with her. (Ya'll Natalie came to my signings four years ago. She is an angel!)


THE CUPCAKES: One Sweet Slice


Do I need to disclaim that my cousin works here? Yes, no? Well, I want to anyway. My cousin works here!! Sixteen year old guy. Man enough to bake cupcakes. Oh yes, he rocks. (He's single! And cute! . . . oh yes, the cupcakes.) Earlier this month my cousin (it's about the cupcakes! Be patient!) brought a box of cupcakes to our family reunion. They were incredifabulicious!! And gorgeous besides! My search for a cupcake bakery in SLC was over!



The Sugarhouse stop will feature Salted Caramel, Red Velvet, and Nutella cupcakes. You do not want to miss these cupcakes! . . . . Er, these authors. And their books.


And their sweet, sweet cupcakes. *Ahem*


THE DETAILS:


Wednesday, July 31st, 7:00 PM
Sugarhouse Barnes and Noble
McIntyre Center
1104 East 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

HERE is a link to their event site.  I probably ordered too many cupcakes . . . so come and prove me wrong!!:D


Ciao!



No comments: