Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dull Boy Winners and Father's Day

Okay! This is going to be a short post; you've been warned.:)

First off, dads are, in my opinion, very under-appreciated. So Happy Father's Day to all of the hard-working dads out there who love their kids and spouses and just quietly work to make the world a better place. I appreciate you!!!!!

Okay, next!

Dull Boy Winners: the grand prize winner is!!!!!

Yamile!!! who said: "Your super power should be that you can see the future "on-demand." Like if you need to see a few minutes from now you could, or if you need to know of things that will happen further in life you could too. Does that make sense?"

Yes, yes it does. I LOVE the idea of being able to selectively see the future! (And I would probably abuse the power mightily . . .)

Honorable mention goes to David, with his Superman Parody of me being able to "leap tall New York Times Bestseller Lists in a single book." Clever, clever!!

Also, honorable mention to FitToSeeJane whose superpower was just plain creative and awesome! "My superpower for you...here goes...
You can understand a persons innermost thoughts and feelings when you drink their favorite soda."

Guys, please email me at aprilynne pike at gmail dot com with your addresses and, well, because I'm a softie and think that Dull Boy is absolutely freakin' awesome, ALL THREE of you are getting a copy, along with Wings decals and probably something chocolate.

Thanks so much for entering my contest and my next post will be from the road as I am leaving in twelve hours and haven't actually packed a thing! Go me!!! *momfail*

Ciao!

8 comments:

tomdg said...

Thank you :) Being a dad myself it's nice to be appreciated :) If spending half of yesterday playing and talking about pokemon with my son counts as making the world a better place ...

bon voyage!

David L. McAfee said...

Woohoo! I got an Honorable Mention. :) I feel special, now.

lotusgirl said...

Congrats to the winners and a big cheer to the fathers out there.

Heather said...

You're absolutely right, Dad's can sometimes be under appritiated. A big hats off to all the Dad's out there who do their best, you are deeply appritiated, even if we don't say it all the time!

Amber Lynae said...

I want the power to clean without cleaning. If someone could supply that to me I would be a happy girl. Congrats to the winners.

Rebecca baxter or Bex said...

Ok this might be long and off topic but I love your book Wings,your blog (which i spent all night stayin' up to read) and your super fun book reviews:) I As I love to say YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! Wings is awesome too it made my top five books!

P.S. I love to use characters from my fve books when I do blogs

Anonymous said...

I luv ur book Wings! I have became like completely obsessed with it! now im wondering what Laurel will do now and who she will choose! can you please post some where when the supposedly next 3 books will be coming out! Pleeeeaaaassssseeeee comment or post something back!
ur biggest fan
anonymous

tears.just.fall said...

He, this is me Lauren, but I'm using my account now. =D
Lucky winners!!! lol
I want chocolate now... ha ha. Congrats to those people. oh, and I told my papi that you said dad's needed to be more appreciated and he said: Thank you.
And yeah. Can't wait for the next update!