Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crap . . .

Seriously, I can't focus. I'm so nervous I have that ache in the pit of my stomach.
What's wrong with me!?!
I have racked up over 150 rejections on two books. I'm an old pro at this. So why does it feel so serious now?
Well, let's see:

-This the best book I have ever written; even better than this same book I wrote last time. (Does that make sense?)

-This is this book's last chance.

-My recommendation now comes from an author who has been number one on the NYT Bestselling list for over seven weeks now. (As opposed to a semi-popular debut author last year.)

-I have sent it out to four of the best of the best.

-I have this inner voice telling me this time, this time, it's going to work.

-I have this other inner voice telling me, come one, everything you've ever written is utter crap.

-It's cold. (And yes, that does make me more nervous! Shut up!)


So I guess I have some reasons. (Some? Ha! *snort*) But it's very distracting.

*sigh*

That's really all I had to say.

I should hear something from someone next week.

For what that's worth.

Ciao.

No comments: