Monday, January 25, 2010

Ninety-Nine Days!!!

We are down to TWO DIGITS till Spells comes out!! I haven't checked in a while and went to my site to check this morning and was like Holy Cow!! Less than a hundred days! It feels so close and so far all at the same time! Mostly It feels weird that we are almost into the second month of 2010. Heck, it feels a little weird that it is 2010 at all. Twenty Ten! Hello!

Anyway, ARCs of Spells have begun circulating and showing up in book bloggers' mailboxes, and I don't want my lovely blog readers to feel left out!! So I wanted to let you guys know that there will be three Spells ARC giveaways coming up in the next month! Starting the week before Valentine's Day, I will be giving away an ARC here (because I love giving away a romantic book for Valentine's day!) and then I will also be providing an ARC to my two main fansites, Wingsfansite.org for the younger crowd, and Late Bloomers for the late teens and up crowd! We don't have details yet, but keep an eye on the blog and I will be putting the contest up soon!

Also, I am doing my first writers conference next month! One of my awesome Utah writer friends, Jeff Savage, is coming down to hang out with me . . .er . . . I mean be the keynote speaker, and it looks like a pretty good line-up! So if you are looking for a one-day writers conference in the greater Phoenix area, I'll be at this one.:D (You can find details here.)

2010 ANWA Writers Conference
"Start Write Now!"
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Best Western Dobson Ranch Inn
1666 South Dobson Road
Mesa AZ 85202-5699


So yeah, I think that's all my news. Oh, wait! Wait! I sold Basque rights to Wings and Spells last week! Long-time readers may know that I have a romance novel (that seriously needs to be totally re-written, but that's a whole other story) set in Basque and I have done tons of research on the area and am so exceptionally stoked about this!!! Basque is a fascinating language. So yeah, very happy.:D

Ciao!

15 comments:

Yamile said...

How exciting about your book coming out in 99 days and Wings being published in Basque. I have a good childhood friend who lives in the Basque Country. I'll tell her to buy Wings. I'm sure she'll love it.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm excited for Spells. I want to re-read Wings before Spells is released. And now I am going to google Basque.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Wow! How cool! Congrats! I can't wait! I would LOVE to review Spells on my blog :)

Samantha Clark said...

Congrats on the Basque rights and the new book coming out. Awesome news.

Carbonneau said...

did you know I went to San Sebastian Spain and Biarritz France when I was in high school? Love the Basque area I saw. very cool language! congrats! I think I need to reread Wings as well before I get my hands on Spells!

Jeanette said...

99 days woo-hoo! And I'll have my fingers crossed for the giveaway! So fun!
I'm also going to the ANWA writer's conference and was so excited to see that you are one of the speakers. Can't wait.

Kristen said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait for Spells!

Unknown said...

Dude, I would TOTALLY read something set in Basque! I never lived in that particular region of Spain, but I was close, and knew a lot of Basque people. That's crazy-exciting. Lemme at it!

The Novelist said...

I am going to be a very, very good girl and pray that I will win an ARC! Dreams can come true you know!

Valerie Ipson said...

Thanks for helping us spread the word about the ANWA Conference! It is going to be awesome because of you and all the other presenters. We're so excited about the incredible line up.

Everyone come!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could be at that conference. I'm a new member myself, but alas can't afford the airfare right now. Maybe if I sold my book...oh wait, that's why I need the conference...but I can't go because I haven't sold my book. Sigh. :) Have a great time at the conference and congratulations on getting Wings published in Basque!

ihath said...

Indeed Basque is an interesting language. Did you learn it?

Mundie Moms said...

YAY we can't wait for the release of Spells!! It's so good! Congratulations! We're so excited for you.

Ebony-Lee said...

I cannot wait for spells to come out!!! i read and loved wings! i was over the moon when i read that there was a sequel coming out!! i'd love to see the movie if and when it comes out! although i cannot see it being as captivating and outstanding as your book!.. Keep writing and i'll keep buying! :)

Val-The Cupcake said...

I already finished the Wings book and I truly can't wait for the sequel book, Spells! I am very excited and counting down, too!